International Flight Student Admission

International flight students will find detailed information about the admission process, M1 flight student visa requirements and general flight training admission and enrollment steps here.

All international flight students who do not posses a legal immigrant status in the U.S. are required to obtain an M1 student visa for their flight training at our flight academy.

Once our enrollment application has been completed, we will issue a flight training quation or cost estimate based upon Federal Aviation Administration minimum requirements for the desired course or rating and in accordance with our approved flight training courses under FAR Part 141. International flight students must submit a proof of funds including the quoted tuition fees and funds available for the cost of living while studying at Florida Flyers Flight Academy. Once the proof of funds has been received by our admissions team, a DHS Form I-20 will be issued and submitted to schedule and obtain the required M1 flight student visa at the local U.S. Embassy at your home country.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon at the Florida Flyers pilot family. 

Student Enrollment

We will be happy to guide you through our Admission process. One of our International Admission Specialists will guide you step-by-step through the process. If you need assistance, please email us or call us.

M1 Visa and I-20

The second step after your enrollment will be the issuance of the Form I-20 to obtain a M1 Student Visa for your flight training with us. I-20 forms may be issued for up to one year. We are here to assist you. Please contact us with any question you may have.

Virtual Tour

Check out our facilities and student amenities before starting the enrollment process. Our Student Service and Admission Team will be gladly showing you around. Or just simply start your virtual flight school tour here and see our training rooms and simulators.

International Student Admission

8 C.F.R §214.3(j)  Florida Flyers Flight Academy is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.

Non-US citizens receiving training in the United States generally need a student visa. Given events of the recent past, flight training is monitored especially closely. The purpose of your visit to the United States determines what visa you will need. If you are traveling to the United States solely for flight training, you are considered a student, and you will need a student visa. Please contact the US embassy  in your home country, your local US consulate, or the  Department of State to determine what kind of visa you will need for your trip. Begin planning for your arrival and stay in Florida well in advance. Some U.S. embassies have wait times of a couple of weeks to apply for a visa interview. The visa requirements sound a lot worse than they actually are. But don’t worry–the visa application process is simpler than it sounds. Along with your training application, we will send a detailed description how to apply for an I-20 form and obtain your M1 student visa.

11 Easy Steps to Get Started

Step 1

Enroll on-line here

Step 2

Upload a copy of your Passport (.pdf file)

Step 3

We write up a cost estimate for your training and your stay with us

Step 4

You send us proof of sufficient funds
You can send a bank statement, a copy of your savings passbook, or a confirmation letter from your bank. The proof of sufficient funds required by immigration law must show an amount equal to or greater than the amount in our cost estimate.

Step 5

We issue Form I-20 for your visa
1. You get an advance e-mail copy with the Sevis Nxxx number
2. We send the original to your address by UPS overnight express

Step 6

Pay Sevis I-901 fee of $350 to Sevis. You will need Form I-20 from us to do this.

Step 7

Fill out Form DS-160 on-line

Step 8

Set up an appointment for a personal interview with your local U.S. embassy or consulate.
Appointments may be available on-line.

Step 9

Have a photo taken for your visa.
You cannot use regular photos. Please check the requirements here.

Step 10

Personal interview at the U.S. embassy or consulate

Step 11

The embassy/consulate will send you the M1 student visa along with your passport.The visa will be placed in your passport and mailed to your home address within a few days.

The procedures and requirements for M1 Student Visa issuance may vary by Country. Please check with your local U.S. Embassy what are the requirements and procedures for you.

When you may need a M1 student visa:

  • Stand Alone FAA License – EASA to FAA Full License
  • Flight Training for a new license or rating
  • Obtaining additional Ratings
  • Flight Instructor Training

When you may NOT need a M1 student visa:

  • Foreign Pilot License Validation
  • Restricted foreign based License
  • Flying Vacation and Hour Building
  • Checkout w/ Flight Instructor
  • Acquisition of an Endorsement

Please contact the U.S. embassy  in your home country, your local U.S. consulate, or the  Department of State to determine what kind of visa you will need for your trip.

Florida Flyers Flight Academy Designated School Officials (SEVIS)

Rainer Pereira Da Silva

SEVIS Primary Designated School Official
Email us

Keristein Faragalla

SEVIS Designated School Official
Email us