Flight Student Visa

Flight student visa are required for international flight students obtaining a new pilot certificate or rating at our flight academy, located in sunny Florida, USA. Florida Flyers Flight Academy is approved for international flight student admissions

Please follow our step-by-step guide to receive your DHS Form I-20. The first step for international flight students to obtain a flight student visa is the completion of our enrollment form. Once we have received all required information and have performed an interview to determine the flight students’ ability to read, write and understand the English language, a cost estimate/quote for the flight training program is created, including the tuition fees based upon FAA minimum requirements for each flight training course, additional fees associated with the flight training program and cost for housing and living while studying at Florida Flyers Flight Academy.

Please find more information about studying abroad at www.studyinthestates.dhs.gov.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon at the Florida Flyers pilot family. 

U.S. Visa for flight students and flight training (M1)

8 C.F.R §214.3(j)  Florida Flyers Flight Academy is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.

Non-US citizens receiving training in the United States generally need a student visa. Given events of the recent past, flight training is monitored especially closely. The purpose of your visit to the United States determines what visa you will need. If you are traveling to the United States solely for flight training, you are considered a student, and you will need a student visa. Please contact the US embassy  in your home country, your local US consulate, or the  Department of State to determine what kind of visa you will need for your trip. Begin planning for your arrival and stay in Florida well in advance. Some U.S. embassies have wait times of a couple of weeks to apply for a visa interview. The visa requirements sound a lot worse than they actually are. But don’t worry–the visa application process is simpler than it sounds. Along with your training application, we will send a detailed description how to apply for an I-20 form and obtain your M1 student visa.

Student Enrollment

We will be happy to guide you through our Admission process. One of our International Admission Specialists will guide you step-by-step through the process. If you need assistance, please email us or call us.

M1 Visa and I-20

The second step after your enrollment will be the issuance of the Form I-20 to obtain a M1 Student Visa for your flight training with us. I-20 forms may be issued for up to one year. We are here to assist you. Please contact us with any question you may have.

Virtual Tour

Check out our facilities and student amenities before starting the enrollment process. Our Student Service and Admission Team will be gladly showing you around. Or just simply start your virtual flight school tour here and see our training rooms and simulators.

11 Easy Steps to Get Started

Step 1

Enroll on-line here

Step 2

Upload a copy of your Passport (.pdf file)

Step 3

We write up a cost estimate for your training and your stay with us

Step 3

You send us proof of sufficient funds
You can send a bank statement, a copy of your savings passbook, or a confirmation letter from your bank. The proof of sufficient funds required by immigration law must show an amount equal to or greater than the amount in our cost estimate.

Step 5

We issue Form I-20 for your visa
1. You get an advance e-mail copy with the Sevis Nxxx number
2. We send the original to your address by UPS overnight express

Step 6

Pay Sevis I-901 fee of $200 to Sevis. You will need Form I-20 from us to do this.

Step 7

Fill out Form DS-160 on-line

Step 8

Set up an appointment for a personal interview with your local U.S. embassy or consulate.
Appointments may be available on-line.

Step 9

Have a photo taken for your visa.
You cannot use regular photos. Please check the requirements here.

Step 10

Personal interview at the U.S. embassy or consulate

Step 11

The embassy/consulate will send you the M1 student visa along with your passport.The visa will be placed in your passport and mailed to your home address within a few days.

The procedures and requirements for M1 Student Visa issuance may vary by Country. Please check with your local U.S. Embassy what are the requirements and procedures for you.

When you may need a M1 student visa:

  • Flight Training for a new license or rating
  • Obtaining additional Ratings
  • Flight Instructor Training

When you may NOT need a M1 student visa:

  • Stand-Alone FAA License
  • Foreign Pilot License Validation
  • Restricted foreign based License
  • Flying Vacation and Hour Building
  • Checkout w/ Flight Instructor
  • Acquisition of an Endorsement

Please contact the U.S. embassy  in your home country, your local U.S. consulate, or the  Department of State to determine what kind of visa you will need for your trip.

Florida Flyers Flight Academy Designated School Officials (SEVIS)

Rainer Pereira Da Silva

SEVIS Primary Designated School Official
Email us

Keristein Faragalla

SEVIS Designated School Official
Email us